HOW YOU CAN HELP!
You as an individual/group/organization is force to reckon. You can play a very critical and catalystic role in achieving the overall objective of National Programme for Control of Blindness [NPCB] such that blindness ceases to be a public health problem in the country.
Some of the areas for your contribution as an agent of change could be:
1. A greater appreciation of the National Programme for Control of Blindness [NPCB].
2. Advocacy and IEC for programme activities in tribal, rural, urban slums and urban areas.
3. Increasing level of information about personal hygiene, facial cleanliness, eye diseases and management amongst patients, their family members, community and health personnel
4. Dispelling myths, misconception & taboo associated with eye donation
5. Motivating people to pledge their eyes for donation after death
6. Identifying, motivating, transporting and supporting eye patients to undergo free treatment in government health facility or NGO hospital.
7. Creating and maintaining an enabling environment of trust, health and happiness for socially and economically blind persons such that they can lead a satisfying lives.
8. Identifying and referring school & out-of-school children for management of refractive errors and other eye diseases to nearest health institution equipped with eye care services.